Experience and education (selection):
2017-…., research tutor Autonomous Practices, minor Public & Private, Willem de Kooning Academy, Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences
* international academy for bachelor and master degrees. The research tutor Autonomous Practices, minor Public & Private, prepares students for their final exams.
2016 -2017 coordinator of Dirty Art Department, Sandberg Instituut, Amsterdam
* postgraduate department of the Gerrit Rietveld Academie Amsterdam. Dirty Art Department is one of its Master’s programmes.
2015 -….., member of the Rotterdam City Council for Art and Culture
2014 -….., researcher / advisor at Haperende Mens Foundation, Amsterdam
* art initiative Haperende Mens develops interdisciplinary projects at various locations
2014-2014, curator art program New Horizons Festival, Rotterdam
* festival with a mix of science, art and music within the framework of European Researchers Night.
2010-2014, co-founder / curator / daily management Sensational Mix foundation
* together with Roland Groenenboom responsible for the concept and production of high quality art projects at accessible locations for/with the inhabitants of Rotterdam South
2003-……., founder / daily management Mixtura foundation, Rotterdam
* encouragement of interdisciplinary and intercultural dialogue through research, advice and initiating projects; management foundation; artistic development, organization and production management of events (including fundraising and creating publicity plans, PR, etc.); research into intercultural and interdisciplinary thinking and working in arts and culture; project management and advice mission; developing web projects
2002-2003, interim director Noname foundation, Rotterdam
* managing an exhibition space and a building with ateliers; publishing catalogs and developing projects for companies; development of new strategy for the organization; reorganization and management of the foundation; development of a new program; realizing various presentations in the exhibition space and on other locations such as art fairs
2002-2002, temporary replacement for Cultural Attaché of Canada, The Hague
* usual activities of a cultural attaché for three months, including intensive supervision of art projects.
1997-2002, founder / director CELL, Initiators of Incidents, Rotterdam
* initiating and curating interdisciplinary art and culture projects in (semi) public spaces; management foundation; artistic development, organization and production management of events (including fundraising and creating publicity plans, PR etc.), for example in Rotterdam Zoo, the Maastunnel and the Clara Hospital in Rotterdam. Also, projects in Havana, Jakarta, Mumbai, Shanghai and Cape Town; concept development, editorial and essayist catalogs, Web sites and CD-ROMs.
1995-1997, manager / co-curator of the exhibition space Vaalserberg
* Management and administration of exhibition space; co-curator exhibitions in collaboration with a team of artists; organization and production of exhibitions
1994-…, freelance curator and art theorist (summary)
* Co-curator of the Dutch Pavilion at the 24th International Art Biennial of São Paulo, Brazil.
* Curator of several exhibitions with artists of various nationalities, including a project that was presented simultaneously in three different exhibition venues (chaîne chain chain)
* Essays in various national / international catalogs and magazines
* Guest lecturer art and cultural theory at Fontys College for the Arts, Tilburg
* Lectures at (inter) national level, including in New York (PS1) and Split (International Film Festival) and Erasmus University Rotterdam
* Various workshops including in New York with, among others, Tim Rollins / KOS
* Moderator and member of several discussion panels on art in public space, digital art, fashion design as an art form
* Interviews at various (international) radio and TV stations, amongst other art in public space
1999-…, advisor and boardmember
2014- ……. advisor Extrapool (interdisciplinary stage and exhibition space Nijmegen)
2003- ……. board member Myvillages Foundation (international art projects in villages)
2002-2003 artistic advisor Asklepion (theme park rewarding lifestyles)
2001-2002 boardmember pop music festival Metropolis
2000-2000 member advisory board Rotterdam International Sculpture Collection
1999-2006 chairperson Splitscreen foundation (digital media projects)
1999-1999 member advisory board Mondriaan Foundation (artists’ initiatives)
1988-1995 art and cultural sciences, Erasmus University, Rotterdam
* Graduated drs. (MA) with specialization in arts and cultural theory, on the influence of the work of the French philosopher Georges Bataille on contemporary artists. Qualitative research (among others), based on interviews with Elfriede Jelinek, Ian Kerkhof (Aryan Kaganof), Marc Mulders, Annemie Van Kerckhoven (AMVK)
1990-1995 philosophy, Erasmus University, Rotterdam
* various completed courses on aesthetics and contemporary philosophy
1984-1987 Academy of Fine Arts (now Willem de Kooning Academy), Rotterdam
* Sculpture (monumental) and fashion design
+ read more on page 2: selection of published essays and catalogues